Monday, July 13, 2009

filmBABY!!!

fourth of july - sparklers and flowers and lensBABY

i recently got the sudden urge to shoot film - found some B&W C-41 in my fridge, and i thought, god, i wanna shoot this, and i wanna do it with the lens baby, and i wanna be totally manual - so i got out my f3, got some batteries for it, and off i went.....
having no motor drive, having to crank the film through, it just all felt so cool, and my shooting was so much more deliberate - after all, i couldn't motor through, i can't afford to process a ton of film, and each frame just had to count, the best i could....really interesting process, and i love the rich texture of the pix, even with the grain of the film....so, that all being said, here are the results of what i have made in my reunion with the beautiful realm of the non-digital...














3 comments:

Keith King said...

Those are beautiful Kim. I totally agree on going back to film. It forces the imagination to rethink the photograph before the shutter button in pressed. Such fun !

Ashley Garmon said...

I have recently been nostalgic for film as well. I get to shoot it with my Holga but not as often as I would like.

These photos are gorgeous!

Amanda LaRae Larkin said...

Hey Kim!
Wow! Wow! Wow! These are beautiful! Sixth from the bottom and the second from the top are my favs but they're all exquisit.
Thank you so much for your recent comment. You said just the right things - I felt so much better after I read it and I'm inspired to start looking for a different approach. FYI: I totally make a killer sub (when the boss isn't looking I add extra veggies *wink*)! :) I look forward to your next post!