Tuesday, April 13, 2010

buds & blooms

got inspired by my Easter tulips to break out the lensBABY and go exploring last night - let the macro weirdness and multi-flora revelry begin! now i can't wait to get things blooming in the ground, bask in warm days and summer sunsets and once again probably set my neighbors to wondering just what IS she doing laying there in the ground with her face pressed amid the plants?!
these are just a few that stood out to me


god bless my billious blue living room walls! what a back-drop



can't decide whether i like the closer or farther version of this

today, back to work - nothing on the schedule, so i went to check out graffiti along the riverwalk - nothing too memorable there, but i did like this one alleyway i walked past

and some of the blooms on the trees against the building-scapes


2 comments:

Paula Wethington said...

Every year I'm taking pictures of the flowers downtown! (I almost got the camera out this morning but it was too rainy). / Paula

Amanda LaRae Larkin said...

"let the macro weirdness and multi-flora revelry begin!" Ha! Ha! I love this line!! The stem photo is my favorite - something about the contrast between a clear green line in the midst of the hazy blur just really works for me. And I have to agree with you about your walls - perfect!

(I'm gonna comment on your earlier post here too - do you think that breaks some all powerful blogging comment rule???)

I really like the golfer portrait too - especially the look in his eyes, I can't quite decide if he's daring me to come out and play a round with him, or if he's getting ready to tell me, "There was this one time, on the green, you wouldn't believe what happened..." :)

I too am trying to get more comfortable with lights in a portrait environment. I'll check out strobist. The lights I bought are Impact 100 w monolights - the recycle time takes FOREVER!! - definitely not for shooting sports. Have you seen some of the flashy new HD still photo stuff - I may have misremembered the name, but it's a new program you can use to bring out the color, detail and sharpness of an image? I've been reading about it a lot and I'd like to try it sometime - I think it goes way beyond the boundaries of what is and isn't right for journalism, but it's one of those things that look and sound cool... it's on my list. :)