Wednesday, March 5, 2008

& now for something completely different....

these are my goofy girlie slippers....for some untold reason i have named them - der Flip und der Flop...i washed them the other night, a ring of pink now remaining in my tub...over a day later, they were still very wet, so i set them next to my toasty heater....looking at them, it just struck me that it looks as if they're waiting for something to happen, or for some grand insight to be revealed....is my radiator some kind of unknown guru? i don't know, but it sure puts out a whole lotta steamy heat, and that's all i really care about

how it looks & how it feels

i opened the door to peer outside last night, and this is what i saw - the snow-turned sleet-turned snow was driving hard, and blasts of wind made it seem to move 10 times faster! bracing myself in the doorway to handhold for a third of a second to try and show the motion and magnitude was a bit tricky, but guess that's why god invented the motor drive...

okay, so now i get really dorky with the camera - or maybe the cold just affected my brain! in a way, this is what the world looked like at times, as the driving snow whipped around in the periodic strong gusts of wind....gotta love michigan, eh?

2 comments:

Keith King said...

love this post Kimmer! The slipper story/observation is hilarious and the winter photos definitely capture our environment this time of year !

Amanda LaRae Larkin said...

Aww! Awesome! fuzzy bunny slippers and crazy weather! When I read your post it brought a smile to my face. Thanks Kim'r!