Wednesday, January 28, 2009

dancin the night away

kept meaning to post these up...from a fundraiser dance event i shot last friday...this is another one of those, shot it before things, so i was trying to do something/see something different, and i made some frames that i liked...that being said, here they be

i went to the stage while people had a cocktail hour before the event started, and got something as the dancers rehearsed...which is what ended up running in the paper

sometimes a slow shutter speed makes the image

and cool lighting falling just in the right place doesn't hurt


i was trailing along behind a group of dancers to try and get names, and my off exposure ended up making for a good still life with the quote...
"The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now."
-- Bill Cosby

2 comments:

Amanda LaRae Larkin said...

Wow! I think Degas (did I spell that right????!!) would approve! I can almost see the dance in your photos! As always, you are a constant source of inspiration! I'm in Michigan again! i can't wait till I can come for a visit!!!!

kim said...

you're in Michigan?! Where? we'd all love to see you again!