Monday, December 29, 2008

through the glass

on my way back from getting coffee and contemplating the feelings of worry/despair about the future of this profession that have been nagging at me for the past several days and making me feel a sense of very disconcerting malaise about current work, i had brought along my camera - i want it there so that i feel a push to be looking, to be seeing, to be interested, to be shooting...simply, to be present - TO BE!
this is Monroe - there are all too many buildings like this one downtown - historic, copper tile ceilings, empty, gutted, maybe being renovated to house something new...maybe not


then i turn the corner and spy the cool old weathered red door along the building's side, and me reflected in the dusty glass window...i liked the warmth of the sun hitting my face amid the reflection of the blue sky behind me.....and as i was looking at this a few minutes ago, i realized that the yellow of the light on my face set inside the red of the door could maybe fit the red/yellow project! talk about throwing yourself into your work! ha ha
anyway, just feels nice to get that sense of excitement about things again

2 comments:

Keith King said...

Hi Kim~
Great blog...as always.
I like the "shop with a cop" photo, it made me laugh.
Hope you're having a great holiday !
Keith

Amanda LaRae Larkin said...

oooooo - I like the feel of the reflection photo. It's almost like I've jumped into a scary Alice in Wonderland-ish moment. Very cool! Will you post all the images together when you've finished the project?