Tuesday, November 25, 2008

the way the ball bounces

last week was all about some volleyball - 2 teams going into the state finals...one of them I covered through much of the pre-state tourney games, and got some nice reaction as they just continued to win and win and win again...unfortunately, it didn't end that way - both lost in the semi-finals, but it was a good run and the team and parents gave me some nice feedback on the pictures, too...always good to hear positive comments - we usually have to operate on the "no news is good news" principle...

man, I never get this shot - maybe not the greatest, but volleyball has always been a tough sport to shoot, so I was pretty happy

every point was cause for celebration - the mom of the girl in mid-air really liked this one!

the girls rally after taking the regional finals trophy

the locker room was pretty somber following the semi-finals loss - there weren't a lot of on-court tears or even much reaction at game's end - it was a pretty quick loss, so I think they kind of saw the writing on the wall...I felt bad for them, but I'm glad that I had established enough of a rapport having taken so many pix that they liked along the way that I felt a little more okay with making these pictures, too.

2 comments:

Jesse Osbourne said...

great job kim'r.

i like all of these, especially your action shot at top. i'm still trying to get that shot so i might be a little jealous.

stay warm!

brYan said...

no kidding jesse, i only get action at the net (and I auto focus, unlike the kiminator) ... hanging my head in shame.