Monday, September 10, 2007

So...just a few more from my recent Friday night fun! Luckily, the very threatening-looking storm stayed away just long enough for me to be able to do some work for this project after shooting the action for sports....which is what led to the circuitry death of my camera a couple weeks ago, incidentally -- just got that gear back, too -- makes me happy!


what would Friday night football be without young love, eh? This is probably my favorite from what I got that night.



trying to show the concession stand, without being too literal...I really want this essay to have a certain feel - one that puts you more in the mood of sidelines life...and of course, MOMENTS, MOMENTS, MOMENTS!


not sure if this works or not, but just another one trying to capture the mood



I think I can probably keep working this and get something better, but an image like this would really help to establish the concept. By the way, I'm not sure why these kids look so dejected - they were SPANKIN the other team -- final score was like 40-7!



Cheerleaders pose for a group photo...hopefully this doesn't seem creepy...there was just something that caught my eye about the body language of all their legs.



watching the half-time show

Any thoughts so far? anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?


3 comments:

Jesse Osbourne said...

yo kim.

i'm really diggin the essay so far. i love the young love picture and for some reason i really like the cheerleader legs picture. i like the concession stand with shadows but maybe again with more of a moment. i'm not sure.

it's been a long time since i critiqued so my opinion is rusty at best.

brYan said...

Oh course jesse likes the legs photo - perv...ha ha. seriously, no doubt the young love photo wins - what an awesome layer. my second fav is the other couple photo - giggling near the concession stand - but i would probably not put it in the package, since its so similar to the other. dig the kid in the stands too. keep workin' it. its got great potential and its half of it done already!

Tim Hussin said...

I really love your idea. That first photo of the couples is priceless. For me, it really embodies that moment of time in a teenager's life. There's something nostalgic about it. I think you're coming through with something really nice.

I'm really glad you made a blog too.

Looking at these pictures really makes me miss you guys and your awesome paper.